Pages

Tuesday 17 February 2015

A List of Buckets - Sasha writes a bucket list.

When the year ticked over into 2015, I was standing in a crowded square in Krakow. Upon my return to London, I decided to make a bucket list of all the things I want to do both in the immediate future and beyond.

Bucket lists are a great way to become inspired and to be motivated. I enjoy collecting things and by making a bucket list I feel like I am collecting experiences - I like to watch as I tick things off.

The list I have made below begins from January 1, 2015 and therefore does not include all the things I have achieved so far that I had wanted to do. I will be continuously adding to this list and crossing items off as they are completed. There's also a lot of things I haven't listed - I've tried to stick with the things that really excite me. For instance, there are a good many things I'd like to do, but I'm not obsessed with the idea so I'm not writing it down (like Vegas). They are in no particular order - and if you think there is something I should do that I haven't listed, please let me know!


***
Sasha's Bucket List for 2015 and beyond
In no particular order
  1. Skydive over the Alps
  2. Travel the world - see as many countries as humanly possible (very broad)
  3. See every corner Australia - including sleeping under the stars at Uluru, photographing Uluru at sunrise/sunset
  4. Learn about my German heritage
  5. Write my novel
  6. Learn a language
  7. Shark cage dive
  8. Go to Burning Man
  9. Have a photograph win a competition/displayed
  10. Play the piano for someone
  11. Own a home
  12. Go zorbing
  13. Go to Oktoberfest
  14. Go to the Edinburgh Fringe
  15. Get a six pack
  16. Run a half marathon
  17. Do more Tough Mudders
  18. Try snowboarding
  19. See the Northern Lights
  20. Own a pet
  21. Crotchet a poncho
  22. Learn to cook steak properly
  23. Fly first class (long haul flight)
  24. Stand on the edge of a volcano
  25. Fly in a helicopter
  26. Sponsor a child
  27. Get a tattoo
  28. Get more piercings
  29. Stand behind a waterfall
  30. Eat pizza, pasta and gelato in italy
  31. See the pyramids
  32. Write a song
  33. Go White water rafting
  34. Take a hot air balloon ride
  35. Be content with myself
  36. Make it to Everest base camp
  37. Be part of a live audience for a TV show
  38. See an opera at the Palais Garnier
  39. Go to the Moulin Rouge
  40. Visit Hobbiton
  41. Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge
  42. Meet my penpals from my youth (1 have already met, it was great!)
  43. Play Battleshots (Ha!)
  44. Be able to do downward dog with my feet flat on the floor
  45. See Les Miserables
  46. Learn to drive a manual car (I don't really want to, but hey, it would be a handy skill)
  47. Go on an African safari
  48. Go to a masquerade ball (a la Phantom of the Opera)
  49. Go to Dimension Jump (already have my tickets - booyah!)
  50. Attend Eurovision 2016 2017
  51. See a biobay (in Puerto Rico)
  52. Add more things to the bucket list ;)
Some of the cool things I've done thus far in life, from snow angels
to owning a business to eating live sushi and hurling myself out of a plane.
(poorly photoshopped)

No comments:

Post a Comment